Mesclun (a mix of small leaves) is a favourite salad in France and Italy. Quick and easy to grow mix with different colours, textures, flavours and shapes. Mix consists of: 150 Rocket salad, 150 Chervil, 150 Celery leaf, 250 Chicory Italico Rosso seeds.
How To Grow
Sow a few seeds in each clump, 5mm (¼”) deep and 10mm (4”) apart. Sow direct where they are to grow in the garden or in pots. Cover with fine layer of seed raising mix or soil, water gently. Seedlings emerge in 10-14 days. Grow in warm sheltered position and keep moist. Feed with liquid fertiliser every 2 weeks. Pick a few leaves from each plant when at least 5cm (2”) high.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
Vinaigrette Dressing for Green Salad
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- Whisk together the mustard, garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Place the salad greens in a medium bowl and add enough dressing to moisten. Sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper, if desired, and serve immediately.