Available at your local Bunnings and through local independent garden retailers nationwide.
With the world’s bee, insect and butterfly population in serious decline, Mr Fothergill’s is focused on producing products that will help increase the bee population and keep them pollinating our crops far into the future.
As pollinators, bees, butterflies and insects play an essential role in our gardens. They transfer pollen from one flower to another, fertilising plants so they start forming fruits and seeds. 70 of the top 100 most popular food crops are pollinated by bees, and they pollinate 80% of all flowering plants on Earth!
Unfortunately, bees, butterflies and other beneficial insects are under increasing threat due to pesticides, parasites and climate change – but we can help them by using responsible gardening practices, planting flowers to attract them and providing them with shelter.
Our Bee and Insect House contains a wooden bee house and a sachet of pollinator friendly flower seeds to help attract bees and beneficial insects to your garden. The seed mix is made up of the following varieties:
- Achillea (Achillea millefolium)
- Agrostemma (Agrostemma githago)
- Alyssum (Lobularia maritima)
- Butterfly Bush (Oenothera lindheimeri)
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis)
- Californian Poppy (Eschscholzia californica)
- Canterbury Bells (Campanula medium)
- Cornflower (Centaurea cyanus)
- Chrysanthemum (Chrysantheum carinatum)
- Collinsia (Collinsia grandiflora)
- Coreopsis (Coreopsis grandiflora)
- Chinese Forget-Me-Not (Cynoglossum amabile)
- Dianthus (Dianthus caryophyllus)
- Digitalis (Digitalis purpurea)
- Echium Dwarf (Echium plantagineum)
- Gilia (Gilia leptantha)
- Godetia (Clarkia amoena)
- Gypsophila (Gypsophila elegans)
- Hesperis (Hesperis matronalis)
- Iberis (Iberis umbellata)
- Kochia (Bassia scoparia)
- Limnanthes (Limnanthes douglasii)
- Linaria (Linaria maroccana)
- Linum (Linum grandiflorum)
- Lupin Russell (Lupinus polyphyllus)
- Lupinus (Lupinus hartwegii)
- Matthiola (Matthiola bicornis)
- Nasturtium (Tropaeolum majus)
- Nemophila (Nemophila insignis)
- Nigella (Nigella damascena)
- Poppy (Papaver rhoeas)
- Phacelia (Phacelia tanacetifolia)
- Reseda (Reseda odorata)
- Snapdragon (Antirrhinum majus)
- Viscaria (Viscaria occulata)
- Wallflower (Erysimum cheiri)
This bee house is suited to native solitary bees, a number of which are stingless. It is not a honey hive.
Dimensions: 180mm(w) x 190mm(h) x 120mm(d)
This bee & insect house is coated in a non toxic paint for protection making it weatherproof and safe for bees and insects. It is also made of FSC timber, meaning it is responsibly sourced and eco-friendly.