Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
A very popular thick walled, medium heat chilli used widely in Mexican cooking. Great for salsas, nachos, tacos, burritos and pizzas. Usually harvested when green but can be left to mature and turn red. Caution: Can irritate skin and eyes.
How To Grow
In seed trays or in fertile well drained garden soil or pots. 5mm (¼”) deep, cover with fine soil and keep moist. Pick regularly to encourage further fruit growth. Harvest: As required, 12-14 weeks from sowing.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
Mango Chilli Salsa
- 200 g mango pulp, diced
- 100 g mango puree
- 1 red or green capsicum, diced
- 50 g red onions, finely chopped
- 10 g coriander leaves, chopped roughly
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 Jalapeno chilies, chopped
- 30ml olive oil
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the coriander leaves.
- Season well and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the coriander leaves just before serving.