Sweet Corn Snow Gold F1
Botanical Name: Zea mays
Sweet corn was grown by several Native American tribes, who passed it onto European settlers. An early/mid-season variety with excellent sweetly-flavoured bicoloured kernels. Enjoy steamed and eaten directly off the cobs or add to stews, rice, risottos, soups and pasta.
How To Grow
Sow 2.5cm (1in) deep into growing position. Cover in fine soil and firm down gently. Keep moist. Grow in 2m (6.5ft) rows, 50cm (20in) apart. Sow direct where they are to grow in a sunny position that offers shelter from strong winds. Water regularly, particularly in hot weather. For succession, follow up sowing should occur when first plants are 20cm (8in) tall. Harvest: 12-16 weeks from sowing.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
Mexican Sopa de Milho Verde
- 3 cups coooked sweet corn
- 1 cup chopped spring onions
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a food processor blend corn, milk and green onions into a smooth puree.
- Heat the butter and fry the flour for ½ minute. Add the corn mixture, 2 cups of water and salt and pepper and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.