Little Gardeners - Purple Bean Teepee
Botanical Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
These beans are great for growing a shady cubby house for you to play in. Plus the pretty purple flowers will turn into yummy purple beans you can pick all Summer long.
How To Grow
- Press 2m long stakes in the ground a circle, leaving a half-a-metre wide opening for the entrance.
- Tie the tops of the stakes with the string.
- Plant the seeds one fingernail deep, 10cm apart in a circle around the edges of the teepee. Keep your plants well watered.
- As the plants grow, tie the stems to the teepee stakes.
- In about 6 weeks, vines will cover the frame with leaves and flowers, and in 10 weeks you can start picking yummy beans!
When To Plant
South Island: Jan, Oct, Nov, Dec
North Island: Jan, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
We hope you enjoy these flower seeds just another great example of kids gardening seeds from Mr Fothergill’s!